1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Whatever is handy
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial
3. When do you put up the tree? After Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? Before New Years.
5. Do you like egg nog? Yes but only a little bit. To much makes me sick!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My Barbie Doll House!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes but want a new one
8. Hardest person to buy for? My Parents because they have everything!
9. Easiest person to buy for? Maggie and Kyler
10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? Can't think of one
11. Mail or email Christmas card? Umm, are we suppost to do that! Opps!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? It's usually December 23rd! This year amazingly I was done before December!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Everything!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Anything but blue. I hate blue lights. I am not sure why.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I would rather stay home
19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? umm, I got 7!
20. Do you have an Angel on top or a star? right now nothing because for some reason the tree kept leaning and I was afraid the Angel would fall over and break.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Okay I am really bad so the kids opened a present this year on christmas eve and I begged kirk for two! I won!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Traffic!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Red
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Aleesha What is Pants Pie?!!!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A coat!
Thursday, December 25, 2008
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Whatever is handy
Posted by The Rogers at 4:13 PM
Thursday, December 18, 2008
I am so sorry that I have not posted anything forever! I have been so busy with school, work and the kids that I honestly have not had a spare minute! I am just going to make this short and sweet and hopefully over the next few weeks I will have more time to take some good pictures.
We enjoyed putting the tree up even though it is only half decorated. I was hoping this would keep Maggie from getting the ornaments all pulled down. However, I was taking a shower the other day and I heard some clanking noises. So I opened the curtain and underneath the door Maggie had placed three ornaments! Still cute! Eli also keeps asking if he can open up his presents now since he will not be with us for Christmas. I told him no because Santa hadn't delivered them yet. I don't think he believed me though. Kyler also is getting very excited. He asks everyday if Christmas is tomorrow. When I tell him it is not for a few more weeks, he says, "No, your wrong because the snow is here!"
Kyler says and does the funniest things! I wish I would write them all down in a book because I forget them. He always likes to surprise me. He was taking a bath the other day and yelled at me to come in there because he had a surprise! I went in and he said, Look mom, I cleaned your tub for you! He had gotten my new can of shaving gel and sprayed it all out! I do have to admit, it looked and smelled great!
We went to Logan a few weeks ago for a family Christmas party. It was great to see my grandpa and all of our family. The kids really enjoyed it as well. I can't believe how nice it was down there. I forget what it feels like not to live in a place that is always blowing!
Here are just a few random pictures. Like I said I hope to get more up after the holidays instead of in a month!
Posted by The Rogers at 7:20 PM
Friday, November 7, 2008
Maggie had her surgery today. It went very well but I wasn't expecting her eyes to be so red. Everything went well and Maggie is back to running all over the place. The doctor said we won't know for 10 to 12 weeks if it really worked or not so keep Maggie in your prayers. We don't want her to have to do it again. Kyler is such a sweet kid. He saw his little sister and started crying. I am not sure if he is scared or sad!
Posted by The Rogers at 3:37 PM
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Posted by The Rogers at 11:07 AM
The kids had a great time on Halloween. Kirk was working until 7 so I took them down to Snake River Landing where local business's decorated RV's and gave out candy and coupons. It was a long wait and a long walk, but I think it was worth the wait.
I met kirk in Blackfoot and Maggie and I went home while Kirk took the boys out. We will have candy for weeks.
Posted by The Rogers at 10:15 AM
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
I decided that I am going to spotlight each person. I have so many pictures of Maggie that I decided I better start with her first.
Maggie Sue Rogers was born 7-19-07. She was 7 weeks early but still weighed 6.6 lbs. She had a little bit of a rough start due to the fact that she was early. They also think I may have had Gestational Diabetes because of the way Maggie reacted. She ended up staying in the NICU for 1 month. She made it home just in time for her first family reunion!
Maggie is doing very well and is hitting all her milestones. It took her a little longer to sit up but once she got that down she was on a roll! She even walked before she was a year old! She is a great eater and already has 12 teeth! She had to get tubes put in her ears because she had a condition called glue ear. Since getting the tubes in, her personality has come alive! She can say hi, bye, doggy, baby, hear you go, peek-a-boo, and of course mommy, and daddy.
She also developed a lazy eye so she will be having surgery on the 7th of November to correct this. We are so lucky to have such a sweet girl. We love her very much!
Posted by The Rogers at 3:00 PM
Friday, October 10, 2008
I have been very busy lately and I have not had anytime to jump on the computer or even take pictures. However, a few of you have told me that my blog is boring! I'm sorry! Here are a few recent pictures and hopefully I can take more and get them posted soon!
Maggie is growing up so fast. She is developing quite the personality. I have noticed that she has a little bit of her mom's shyness in here. She is starting to say a few words. My favorite things that she says are peek-a-boo, here you go, doggy, thank you, and baby.
Kyler is doing very well in school and enjoys it very much. He is using his crutches more and his becoming very confident with them. He is such a polite little boy. Kyler wants to be a cop when he gets older so Kirk and I took him down to the police station to have a tour of a car. Officer McKenna showed us his K-9 car and allowed Kyler to sit in the driver sit and turn on the sirens. He loved it! When he was done showing Kyler the car I asked Kyler if he had any question. He just gave a big smile and said, "Thank you!"
Eli is busy and doing quite well in school this year. We don't get to see him very much but enjoy the times when he is here. He has made a lot of new friends this year. He can't get enough of Maggie. I don't know how he makes it without her. He said for christmas he wanted a clone of Maggie to take home to his mom's.
Posted by The Rogers at 7:22 PM
Monday, September 8, 2008
I took this first quiz and it came back the year I was born! Crazy!
You Belong in 1979
Bold and brash, you take life by the horns. Whether you're partying or protesting, you give it your all!
You Are an "A-OK"
Your life philosophy can be summed up as, "Whatever will be, will be."
Your greatest wish is to live each day a little better than the next.
You are naturally calm and stable. Some people would call you a rock.
You feel one with the world. You are a spiritual person, though no one who knows you would guess it.
You Are Mashed Potatoes
Ordinary, comforting, and more than a little predictable
You're the glue that holds everyone together.
Posted by The Rogers at 1:17 PM